- 8 July, 2016 – [speaker] – Cultural Sensitivity: Cross Cultural Communication & Collaboration – Lecture to students of Bachelors program in Information Systems, part of the course – Communication and Collaboration Systems, University of Muenster, Germany. [Slides]
- 1 March, 2016 – [speaker] – New Perspectives on Community Engagement – Technology. Ethics. <-> Community. Dignity. – at COBACORE Project Event Conference, Leiden, the Netherlands.
- 25 June, 2015 – [speaker] – Workshop on Cultural Sensitivity – Re-learning the depth and breadth of multi-cultural – NITIM International Graduate School, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 10 February, 2015 – [speaker/participant] – UNOCHA, Geneva – GDACSMobile Presentation on behalf of ERCIS – at GDACS Advisory/Stakeholders meeting and Networks and Partnership week of the Consultative Group for Emergency Preparedness and Response.
- June 20-21 2013 – [speaker] – Academic Workshop – Geography Department, Durham University, UK – Smart Urbanism: Utopian Vision or False Dawn? A workshop funded by the Urban Studies Foundation and Journal – Speaker- Smart Communities
- May 12-15 2013 – [speaker] – ISCRAM 2013 – Baden-Baden, Germany – Part of the panel – Connecting Reality and Research in Humanitarian Response. And,
Part of Speaker/Practitioners in the Workshop – “GDACSmobile” – Mobile Applications and Social Media in Crisis Management. Details here and [PDF] – Running the Ushahidi part of the simulation.
- August 23, 2012 – [speaker] – The Role of Social Media in Crisis Management: Lessons from Mumbai Blasts 2011.
Tilburg University. A short presentation for the ISCRAM Doctoral Summer School 2012 participants.
- July 21, 2012 – [speaker][award recipient] – PowerCutsIN: Crowdsourcing PowerCuts in India – Winner mBillionth South Asia Award 2012, New Delhi. Presented as Finalist & Award Winner for PowerCuts in India: Crowdsourcing Project selected under the category m-News & Journalism.
- 16 November, 2011 – [speaker] – Lessons from Mumbai Blasts Crisis Map & Experiences from flood early warning project in India.
A Skype guest lecture with the class of MSGA students from NYU facilitated by Colette Mazzucelli, MALD, EdM, PhD, Adjunct Associate Professor, Center for Global Affairs at New York University.
- 21 September, 2011 – [speaker] – Early Warning System – Maharajganj Model (Sharing Oxfam/GDS Experience) – One Day Workshop on Early Warning System – organised by State Institute of Disaster Management (UNDP) at State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) Office, I Floor, PICUP Bhawan, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow.
- 5 June, 2011 – [speaker] – Actionable Data, Ushahidi & Crowdsourcing
Technology, Accountability & Transparency Camp – organised by Accountability Initiative India at Google India, Gurgaon office.
- Talking Back (Workshop) – Digital Natives with a cause.
16-18 August 2010, at the Institute of Ethnology, Academia Sinica, Taiwan. The first international workshop for the Project Digital Natives with a Cause. One of the selected participants from Asia.
- Building the Sahana India Cluster
January 2010, (informal talk among participants of the training program) at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Talk Slides here.
- Sahana Community Building in India
March 24 & 25, 2009 at Sahana 2009 – the first ever Annual Sahana Software for Disaster Management Conference.
At HNB tower, Colombo, Sri Lanka. Talk Slides here.
- Humanitarian FOSS Project: Sahana Disaster Management System (talk at multiple events)
GNUnify 2009 – Open Source Community event in Pune, India, 13 February 2009.
FOSSKriti 2009 – Open Source College Festival at IIT Kanpur, 14 February 2009.
FOSS Workshop by NRCFOSS at JMIT, Radaur, 7-8 November 2008.
Mukt.in 2008 – Open Source Community event at Hyderabad, India, 1-3 August 2008.