Reflecting on some of my past projects, and trying to study the thought process of some of the projects that I have worked on, I thought of laying out some questions which can act as a set of “tips” for my future projects.
- Invest some time to understand the problem & hear it directly from the concerned parties or communities.
- Ask yourself: Is technology really needed here? Or is there a solution lying elsewhere?
- Study what technologies are already lying around or have been used by “concerned parties” or communities and how they are currently using it.
- Can your solution be built using existing technology that the people(“concerned parties” or community) already use? If not, try to spend a decent amount of time to find the answer to this question again. Chances are, it’s possible.
- Keep in mind that your solution should require minimal (or no training) i.e. The focus should be on a lower barrier to entry & a decreased learning curve. [If answer to 4 is still no]
- Build your solution in a way that you wouldn’t be needed at all after the implementation.